With the Google Access team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, technologies and multiple vendors, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
With the Google Access team, you’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects, as well as deploy new technologies to markets and communities as part of the last mile initiative. You like being on-the-ground, executing complex projects that bring internet access to people.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Execute multiple projects/programs/planning in support of market long term objectives.
- Program manage wide variety of stakeholders across the entire organization to fix process gaps, roll out new programs, and ensure current tools are maintained
- Lead process improvements that result in efficiency and efficacy gains throughout deployment and operations in the market(s).
- Operate across a myriad of internal Google groups and external organizations to ready and implement multiple concurrent projects.
- Encapsulate learnings across Last Mile processes to ensure all vendors are scoped properly
- Last Mile expert on various systems and tools, including Salesforce, P6 / PCP, MxU Admin Portal, MxU Quality Controls, and Address Quality. Documentation and continued training sessions for local teams on Last Mile processes and tools
- Prioritize and multitask projects and see them through to completion, as an individual and team contributor.
- Set team goals and foster innovative and creative work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Telecommunications or related field, or in lieu of degree overall 5 years of equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of project management experience from telecom background
- Strong vendor management and negotiation skills
- Proficient with common office applications such as spreadsheets, ticketing systems, and workflows
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to successfully work across multiple levels of the organization.
- Successful project history with an enthusiasm to learn all about Google Fiber. Appreciation for quality and a focus on the customer.
- Excellent problem solving & analytical skills.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with passive optical networks as part of fiber-to-the-home deployments
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Management experience in driving vendor performance.
- Experience with FTTH construction & engineering
Find us at: