Technical Trainer II
We are now looking for Technical Trainer II candidates in the DFW, TX area. This position is responsible for instructing and maintaining the premier training program focused on safety, tower climbing and telecom fundamentals. You should come equipped with excellent communication skills and training experience focused in the areas of safety and tower climbing. The training program will provide all classroom requirements needed to train new employees on safety (OSHA, CPR/First aid), Ericsson’s practical tower climbing practices and basic installations. Secondary responsibilities would include audit assistance to ensure program compliance.
• This position is responsible for achievement of short and long-term company objectives within the specified operational area, focused on attaining or exceeding operational performance objectives and financial efficiency.
• This position is responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal statutes regarding workforce and workplace health and safety, financial visibility and accountability, environmental stewardship and fair labor practices.
• This position should develop and lead a highly skilled technical work force and ensure the readiness of that workforce to adapt quickly to the changing needs of the business. This includes compliance with training and certification requirements.
• This position is responsible for developing constructive, collaborative working relationships with internal organizations and customers, including comprehension and compliance with operational processes and procedures.
• Teach physical connections and tower top equipment from a practical perspective.
• Teach tool and equipment requirements with Ericsson’s policy.
• Teach physical and mechanical installation specifications.
• Comprehend and deliver approved course material designed to educate Ericsson’s Tower Climbing employees.
• Provide quality instruction in a clear and concise manner, ensuring the audience understands and comprehends the material presented.
• Monitor student’s responses and engagement.
• Ask for and provide feedback to ensure comprehension.
• Adjust the delivery method when needed to ensure effectiveness.
• Facilitation of training events.
• Propose and develop learning architecture.
• Facilitate the proper learning environment which includes but is not limited to:
• Installing equipment.
• Maintaining the functionality of equipment.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues.
• Establish classroom expectations and behaviors.
• Organize the learning environment. (Classroom setup)
• Use audiovisual technology to effectively present training material. Position Requirements:
• Minimum Experience: 5 Years of Experience with Deployment, Integration, and Installation of Ericsson RBS Equipment.
• Minimum Education: 5 years equivalent experience.
• Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Driver’s License, and meet Ericsson’s driver eligibility criteria in order to drive an Ericsson company vehicle.
• Must take and pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug test and adhere to random drug testing policy, as permitted by state and local law.
• Must successfully complete and pass a pre-employment, post-offer background check, including criminal history check, employment history check, and education verification, among other things; Ericsson will consider criminal history in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
• Must be able to travel outside home market up to 20% of the time; but amount of travel could be higher depending on customer projects and business needs.
• Must have high level of computer proficiency, including a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding environment.
• Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
• Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and/or perplexing situations.
• The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
• Self-driven with confidence in training abilities.
• Climber/Rescue certification in last 12 months a plus.
• Excellent and effective communication skills.
• Recent training experience in a classroom environment.
• OSHA 500 certified
• Ability to lift and carry materials that weigh up to 40 pounds for 6-8 hours per work day.
• Must be able to work at heights from an aerial work platform (AWP) such as man-lifts, boom trucks, cranes & other approved equipment.
• Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
• Ability to connect and disconnect various sizes and types of electronic connectors
• Ability to push and pull materials and equipment for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand, walk and climb for extended periods of time.
• Perform repetitive movements for extended periods of time.
• Ability to drive long distances on and off road.
• Ability to perform these duties in all weather conditions and climates including heat, cold, rain, etc.
• Ability to work in remote and challenging locations including, but not limited to: rooftops, confined spaces, and all types of geographic locations.
Find us at: