AC/DC Installation Technician for Central Office
The ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3 years telecom installation experience. Experience with Telecom Power, Rectifiers, Inverters and Batteries is required.
--Maintains Customer Quality Standards
--Adheres to Customer Safety Policy and Customer Security Procedures
--Professional in appearance and performance
--Knowledgeable with industry standards.
--Must be able to pass certification tests for customer-specific protocols.
--Must be familiar with tools required to perform the task, crimpers, use of dies, calibration.
--Must be able to lift a minimum of 75lbs safely and un-assisted.
--Must be able to climb up / down ladders consistently and not exceed the max load restriction of company supplied ladders.
--Must be reliable in communicating and reporting via email and phone in a timely manner.
--Proficient experience with Microsoft applications/programs preferred.
--Must be willing to travel within assigned region.
--Must be willing to work effectively with Project Management Team.
--MUST have reliable transportation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Perform equipment inventory, receives and accounts for equipment/mat’l necessary to do the job.
• Perform Team Leader responsibilities, in charge of running multiple projects, including sub-contractor labor assigned to the project.
• Knowledgeable with reading interpreting specs and drawings.
• Infrastructure Systems (Cable Rack, Superstructure, Cabinets, Aisle lighting, Grounding)
• DC Power Plants 24V and 48V
• Modular or Conventional Plants up to 10,000 Amps
• Controllers/Alarm Monitoring Systems
• Converter Plants 24V,48V,130V
• BDFB's, Inverters, Rectifiers- single phase/three phase, uncontrolled/full controlled type
• Batteries (Flooded & Valve Regulated)
• Grounding (integrated & isolated)
• Cabling-running, sewing, forming terminating.
• Buss Bar/ Buss Duct
• Greenfield installs, extensions and Hot Transitions
• AC and DC Power and Ground Wiring and distribution
• Cabinet Alarm Wiring-PIM’s, breakers, rectifiers, shunts, controllers
• Controller equipment programming-i.e.: ATT Galaxy
Seeking candidates in all (4) skill levels, pay rate dependent on experience.
Level 1 Installer - Entry Level
Capable of performing the addition/removal of common systems equipment.
Level 2 Installer — (minimum two years of experience)
Capable of performing passive equipment installation of ironwork, cabling wiring connecting and equipment designations.
Level 3 Installer — (minimum three years of experience)
Successfully preform multiple cable running, forming stitching and crimping for power, grounding and IOF applications. Stacking, cleaning, strapping of VRLA batteries. Knowledge in reading / understanding design specification, updating red-line / as-built drawings and method of procedure (MOP) preparations.
Level 4 Lead Installer — (minimum six years of experience)
Successfully preform live DC Power Transition, Installation, Test and Turn up of BDFB’s, Rectifiers, DC Power Plants, Monitors/Controllers, VRLA and Wet Cell battery additions / removal and Inverters.
Find us at: